- National Responsibility | Location negotiable to suit applicant
- Use your industry knowledge to ensure consistent reliable supply
- Strong focus on customer service and relationship building
A leading supplier of honey and allied products to the retail and food service markets.
Reporting to the General Manager - Operations and with a small team it will be your responsibility to ensure that the company has a continued reliable supply of honey by fostering positive relationships between the company and beekeeper suppliers.
The Duties and Responsibilities
- In summary, the main responsibilities of this position are:
- To foster positive working relationships between the company and beekeeper suppliers
- Analysing and documenting issues pertaining to honey supply, including forecasting domestic honey supply availability
- Assist in nurturing and establishing career paths for existing and new entrant beekeepers
- Timely feedback on crop forecasts, competitor activity and other field intelligence relating to the company’s operations and honey purchase prices
- Act as interface between the company and honey suppliers on technical and quality issues
- Support beekeepers in the development of farm-gate quality systems, and provide audit function where required
- Assist the honey industry in realising production gains
- To establish, implement and maintain strategies and plans to encourage positive working relationships between all stakeholders, but particularly beekeepers
The Selection Criteria
To be considered for this position the knowledge, skills, qualifications and abilities required are:
- Sound knowledge of the honey supply chain
- Up to date knowledge of the honey industry’s latest developments, trends, direction, principles and practices
- Tertiary qualifications in Agricultural Science are preferred but can be supplemented by 5 years plus industry experience
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to build relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically, lead by example and show strong initiative and tenacity
- Ability to motivate and drive supplier service standards
The salary package on offer for this position includes an industry competitive salary, superannuation and a fully maintained company vehicle. Regular intrastate and interstate travel is a requirement of the role.
Location of the Position
It is preferred that the appointee is located at the company’s head office in Brisbane. However serious consideration will be given to an ideal applicant who is located elsewhere and cannot relocate.
How To Apply
Send your covering letter and resume in MS Word format addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be acknowledged by email.
Enquiries to John Mills on 0413 313 038.
Please quote the reference number JNM 1670 in your application.
Preferably submit applications by Monday 14th August 2017.